Friday, February 6, 2009

It was only a matter of time...

So Caitlin got a hold of the scissors the other day. This wasn't the first time she got to them. But instead of cutting my blinds in my kitchen and living room this time she decided to go for her hair. Now Cait has only gotten one hair cut before because her hair grows so slow. I kept looking at her thinking something looked different, then I noticed her pjs were all cut up (not the first time with that either!). Then it all clicked and I asked if she cut her hair she said she did and had put it in the garbage.


There in the garbage where all these little curls. She was so proud of herself. I called my friend and she said to come down and she would fix it. It was a total mullet. I thought maybe I should just leave it. Mullets are cool right? Well Crystal fixed it as good as she could, but we had to cut it really short so that it would all grow out the same. Oh so sad! Now instead of a mullet she has the feathered look. Nice! We tried to think of a way to discipline her, but Caitlin doesn't seem to care about anything. You could take away her toys, send her to her room, anything and she just doesn't care. So I made her take a nap. So mean I know! But she didn't care about any of my threats so I thought I atleast deserved some peace and quite for a bit. I guess it will always grow back. As for the blinds and pjs...well, we'll just keep all the scissors in a secret place.

13 comments:

Jamie said...

That is pretty funny....I can say that because I'm not her mom. It reminds me of Emalee and all of her evil doings.

Darla said...

As soon as I saw your post I started laughing. You don't yike my hair mom? What a girl! She's still cute as ever!

Leah Miller said...

She totally looks cute with short hair, but still SO SAD.

Meladie said...

Oh, Tiff, I feel your pain!! That is totally my Brooklyn! (Refer to my blog about a month ago :) The blinds and the pjs too!?! Holy moly that girl loves scissors :) She's so cute...I like her short hair too! But I know how heart breaking it is for us moms...we still have a LOOONG ways 'til Brooklyn's is grown out.

Michelle said...

Caitlin is still darling with short hair. I probably think it is so funny because I don't have a little girl to experience all these fun things!! :)

Jason and Kristin said...

When I saw her the other day it took me a minute to figure out what was different. She cut off alot of her blonde and her hair looks darker now. So funny that she got her jammies and the blinds.
Hey, if you ever need help with the girls when you are down let me know.

Brittany said...

I couldn't help but laugh. She still is super cute. Although a mullet would have been awesome!

Kim said...

awww, she looks adorable with her "feathered" do. It's pretty hilarious when it's not your own daughters curls being cut off! Keep those scissors hid well.

The Tophams said...

Oh how funny...easy for me to say! That glob of curls on the floor looks like TONS of hair! She did a good job! I think she looks cute with short hair, although I'm sure she looked cute with a mullet too!

Crystal said...

Oh my mord I love that girl!! She is so dang cute!! :) Just so you know, the feathered look is HOT :)

Chelsea said...

What? Mullet's aren't in? I'll have to tell Heath to cut that bad boy off. Seriously though, I couldn't help but laugh. She's such a cutie!

the McLaughlin's said...

I suppose it is only a matter of time also before my blonde haired blue eyed Kate pulls the same thing. Her hair grows painfully slow as well. And she does not care about being punished. The more I think about it, it sounds like they could somehow be related.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiffany! Janice gave me your blog address showing off her grandkids! So I took a peek! When I saw Caitlins hair I couldn't help but think of my little Amilla! Jerrik has cut her hair twice! I could have killed him. The first time he cut her piggy to the scalp! and the second time he cut her widows peak off and the top of her pony again! Good thing she looks cute with a short a-line! Her hair grows really slow too! Our blog is www.theshinkles.blogspot.com if you want to check it out! Good Luck with Caitlin she reminds me of Amilla from what you say! Your kids are so big and are really cute! Camille