Monday, September 7, 2009

So much to catch up on

This summer flew by and I have had no time to blog. So there is a lot of catching up to do.
First, I ran my first half marathon at Hobble Creek. Now that it is over it was a lot of fun. I'm not sure how fun I thought it was during, but I'm so glad I did it and it won't be my last one. I went with a bunch of friends from Delta and we made it a girls weekend.
Brian and the kids and my mom and dad were there cheering me on. Brian has been so good to help me out with all the times I go running and the early mornings it makes for both of us! I sure love him!

Darla, Cassie, Me, Shannon, Stacia, and Dani

Caitlin cheering me on. She hates being out in the heat, so this was a lot to ask of her!

And this is what Aaron thought of the whole thing. I wish I could of traded him places!

We saw our good friends Jeff and Mark. Brian got a picture with them. They were way to fast for me, so I saw them at the beginning and then at the end where they had been waiting forever I'm sure!

Later that day Britt, Josh and Jackson flew in and we got to spend the weekend with them. It was so fun to see them. Caitlin could not get enough of Jackson....or Josh! She sure loves them!

Cait and Jackson

They were able to bless Jackson since Josh's family was in Utah also. Ahh, good times! I love being with my family and with all my sisters living so far away it's always fun when they come to visit!

Me, Britt, Jackson, and Mom

Caitlin, Quincee, Jackson, Graham, and Jonah

Three of the five(siblings). Jas, Britt, Jackson, and Me

It was so fun to be with everyone. I wish it could happen more often! We sure love you Brit and Josh and little Jackson!

8 comments:

The Tophams said...

Yeah for the marathon and the ultra-marathon being over! Looks like you had lots of fun with your family, I bet it's hard to have them so far away! Can't even tell you two are sisters at all;)

Michelle said...

It is a graet feeling to have the first half marathon over and hopefully we will have more ahead of us!! I am glad you got to see your sister and be there for the blessing.

Kim said...

You and your mom and sister have the cutest curls!! I'm glad you survived your first half marathon. good work :)

Meladie said...

Way to go on the 1/2 marathon! That is seriously so awesome! I'm so proud of you. You can sure tell you two are sisters! That's so fun to be able to get together.

Jason and Kristin said...

It still kills me that you run by choice! You aren't being chased and there is no great sale you are trying to get to. Amazing :)

MediocreMama said...

Congratulations on the half! I finally did one after Lennon and decided it's the perfect length-- it's long enough to be a huge challenge but it's possible to finish. I'm doing the Moab half next month...we should all train for a race and meet up for a weekend! I'll bet Lindsey, Leah and Kelli would do it.

Ashley said...

WOW! You are my new hero!! Seriously, one of my other friends just ran Hobble Creek for her first 1/2 marathon and she said she's going to do it again!
I am so proud of you.
I'm not a runner, but I may need to turn to something. How did you get into it? How did you motivate yourself?
And Brittany's baby, how adorable! I wish we could have been there.

Lindsay Clegg Sundloff said...

Tiff- I miss you and I'm so jelous of your half marathon. That is on my list of things to do before I die, I'm just worried it might be the last thing as well so I haven't attempted it. No seriously if you plan to do another let me know and I will attempt it. First, tell what was your time because if you are too fast than forget it - i'm a turtle in women's clothing.