Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Summer is coming to an end

I'm sad to say our summer is almost over. I'm not sure if I want Quincee going back to school. I love having her home with me. She is such a big helper. But she is way excited. We didn't get to do much this summer with Brian in school, but we were able to make a trip up to Bear Lake. So here's the story...every year we go up to Bear Lake with my mom and dad and my brother and his family. And for the past 4 years one of my kids have either thrown up in the car on the way there, at wal-mart in Logan, or at the cabin. So this year we thought we would get lucky and we planned on going up Thursday morning. Well Quincee wakes up with a stomach ache. We thought she was just excited, plus she always has a stomach ache, but a few minutes later she was throwing up and so sick. I felt so bad for her. But to make a long story short the next morning she was feeling better so we headed up and are glad we did. It is always so much fun.

Quincee's favorite things to do at the beach is find seashells.

Quincee and Graham taking a break to eat a sandwhich.

It wouldn't be Bear Lake without s'mores. Kris brought some peanut butter cups to put on them. Yummy!

The beautiful view from the cabin!

Aaron was so good there. We let him feel the sand and he actually liked it. He really doesn't like different textures but he is getting better and he didn't mind it.

Brian is such a good dad. He gets to go camping a lot with the scouts and the girls are always wanting to go. We never got to do our own camping trip so he pitched the tent and they slept out in the backyard. The girls loved it.

For FHE the other night Quincee thought it would be fun to have a water fight. Brian thought it would be fun to be boys against girls. Well us girls were soaked and Brian had a few drops on him. But it was still a lot of fun.


9 comments:

The Tophams said...

How fun! Bear Lake is such a pretty place. I'm sad summer is ending too, it went by was too fast. And it means our kids are getting older, AAAAHHHH!

Michelle said...

I am glad that you got atleast one day at Bear Lake. It is always good to get away! I wonder who will be sick next year?! :)

Darla said...

I'm with you! Where did summer go? I've always wanted to go up to Bear Lake. Looks like fun. I love Aaron in his little swim trunks. Poor Quinc....and poor you!

Jason and Kristin said...

You beat me with your Bear Lake post. I'm so behind. We are so glad that you guys live sort of close so that we can go to all the festivities together!

We obviously need to work on your water fighting technique!

Brittany said...

Looks like you've had some fun times. We can't wait to see you all! Only a few more days!

Kim said...

I think that Bear Lake must be back luck for you guys! Throwing is up awful! I'm glad you still got to go and made yummy peanut butter cup smores. I'm sure they made everything better.

Ashley said...

When I was little, I threw up every time we went up to the cabin. Getting sick and the cabin went hand in hand. I would love to go to the cabin. It looks like so much fun.

Meladie said...

You guys have such a cute family. Looks like you guys had a blast at Bear Lake. I've never been up there before, but I know lots of people love it. Maybe one day...I can't believe summer's already over and I never even got to come up there and play :( Maybe one of these weekends we'll actually be there when you guys are and we can visit!

Ruff Family said...

Tiffany-
I talked with Chelsea just a bit ago and she said that you are up this way quite a bit and I just wanted to offer my home as a stopover for lunch- to just say hi, a nap spot for Aaron. I live in Lehi just about two minutes off of the main street exit. I love you blog, I hope you don't mind me reading it- your family is quite beautiful and you sure seem to be having a good time living life. I'd love to see you some time.
Jan