Friday, December 5, 2008

Birthday/Haircuts/Thanksgiving All in One

I'm a little behind on my blogging....so let's play catch-up.
First, Caitlin had a great birthday with both sets of grandparents here for cake and ice cream. She got this awesome princess scooter and helmet. Oh so cute! She had a Sleeping Beauty birthday cake, not her first pick. She wanted a Hanna Montana birthday, I thought she was a little to young though so she settled for Sleeping Beauty. She is still asking me if it's her birthday and wants to have another party with her friends. She is so fun to have around, even when she throws a snow globe on the kitchen floor and breaks it or writes all over the kitchen chairs with lipstick (those are just a few of the things she's done TODAY!). We still love her!


Then there were the haircuts. The other day Quincee wanted me to straighten her hair, which turned out very cute. Well then Caitlin wanted hers straight, not so cute. So I took them to my friend Crystal to get their hair cut. Cait had never had hers cut, so she was so excited. Quincee was pretty proud of her hair when she had to stand up to get it cut because it is so long. They got it washed, cut and got their nails painted. Thanks Crystal for doing such a good job and for letting us take up so much of your time. You're the best!

Before....

....after. She wouldn't let Crystal dry it, so this is as good as it got.


Now on to Thanksgiving. Let's go back to last year...we had Thanksgiving at my mom's house and just as we were all sitting down at the table, Quincee threw up everywhere. Yummy, I know. Well she wanted nothing to do with Thanksgiving this year. We finally convinced her that she was not going to get sick agian. So we went to Brian's parents this year. Aaron wasn't feeling the best the day before and the morning of Thanksgiving Brian's mom got really sick. So sick that she missed out on all the turkey and potatoes. So sad! Well that night who else got sick??? Quincee. Yep, second year in a row. As she was throwing up she looked up at Brian and said "Dad I just don't think Thanksgivings for me." She's so funny! Well we think she might have a reaction to the flu shot, since she got it the day before both years. Not next year though. By the weekend everyone felt pretty good. It was a fun Thanksgiving, even with all the sickness.

Brian likes to supervise, making sure it's cut just right!

Quincee, Caitlin and Tucker enjoying the food. It looks like Caitlin is eating that huge thing of potatoes! Maybe she really was!

The girls got their first shooting lesson. Thanks uncle Geoff!

And we finally got to see Santa. Santa wasn't paying attention, but the girls look cute. Quincee told him she wants a DS for Christmas and Caitlin wants a broom...no not to help mom sweep but to ride on because she is a witch! ha, ha!

9 comments:

Kim said...

Caitlin threw a snowglobe on the floor? So funny! And I love that she wants a broom for Christmas. Your kids are so cute and I can't believe that Quincee got sick at Thanksgiving again.

Life is a Blessing said...

that is so funny the broom thing.. Hailey wanted a umbrella because she wanted to fly to papa's like mary poppins... and NEVER clean her room again. it was so sad when she realized that she couldn't fly. kids and dreams huh? too bad about the sickness thing hopefully she got it out of her system to enjoy christmas!!!
hope all is well Merry Christmas B

Meladie said...

That's too bad Quincee got sick AGAIN on Thanksgiving! Poor thing. Your kids are absolutely darling Tiff. I can't believe how big they're getting. We were at that mall that weekend too...too bad we didn't run into eachother!

Jason and Kristin said...

Shut up she did not throw up AGAIN! At least it wasn't at the table this time. That poor girl she's going to have an aversion to turkey. I need to see their new haircuts! The pics were cute, especially Cait's close up. When will you be down next?

Ashley said...

Adorable!! So cute. And crazy. I understand the three year old antics. I love the Santa picture.

Crystal said...

Oh my heck that is so funny about the snow globe
(pretty sure it's not that funny to you :)
They look so cute getting their hair cut! It was relly fun to do it! And they were so good!! :)

The Tophams said...

Cute pics! Looks like Thanksgiving was fun, minus the throwing up part. Your kids look so cute with Santa, hope that broom thing works out!

Lindsay Clegg Sundloff said...

Tiff,
Merry Christmas! I need to get your address and I realized I don't even have your #. What kind of a friend am I? Anyhow we are planning a girl's night for Thurs. Dec. 18 at my house. I would love it if you could come. IF you can't I totally understand, but I wanted to let you know about it. Next time you come into town please call me, I would love love love to see you and the girls.
Lindsay

Chelsea said...

Hey tell Caitlin to fly over to AZ on her broom. She won't get ice on her broom here! You're girls are hilarious! Miss you guys.